Pages

Wednesday 10 June 2015

the phase of the moon

Explanation writing

WALT: I am learning to write an explanation.

Success criteria
Me
LB
T
I have used an interesting title that tells the reader what my writing is about


Y
I have used a general statement to introduce the topic


Y
My writing explains how one thing leads to another



I have used time connectives to show the order of the process (first...next…)



I have organised my text using paragraphs



I have linked together 2 or 3 sentences to show cause and effect (so…if…this causes...this makes...because)



I have used technical vocabulary



I have used capital letters, full stops and commas




Use this chart to help you to write an explanation on the 8 phases of the Moon.




The phases of the Moon

Have you ever wondered why the Moon can look different every night? There are eight key phases that the Moon goes through every 29.5 days, which is the same as one month.


The first new moon is dark with a ring in the circle every few days it changes because the
moon orbits the earth.
Second is the waxing crescent it changes every few month

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.